There is no problem with her hearing...if she even hears the dishwasher door squeak open she will make a mad crawling dash over to the kitchen and get herself in place to "help." She really does make a great little helper...always with a smile and a giggle thrown in for good measure, she hands over the spoons and forks with her chubby hand saying "k" as you take them from her. She adores it. I am going to enjoy the extra help with no prodding as long as I can. One day, she'll decide, "hmmm...why exactly am I the only one in the house cleaning?!?!" Then it will be all over.
Laundry is a constant in our house. Same as any other I am sure. I haven't been able to witness it yet, but I swear our clothes mate when they are in the hamper because a once small pile grows into a monstrosity within a day or two. The washer and dryer are constantly being used. So, the laundry baskets have become LD's favorite hang-out. I swear she watches for any motion towards the laundry room...when she detects it, she'll come racing as fast as she can crawl to "assist" in the folding endeavor. Usually, you can get her to hand items to you, but that's not nearly as fun as trying on clothing or getting it into a pile on the floor and then pretending to sleep on them like a pillow (suspend the notion that they are already clean....). Laundry folding has taken on a whole new dimension with LD. Thank goodness for comedy breaks that she provides during what is usually a rather mundane household chore.
So, it looks like I have an assistant now with my household chores. She is indeed a hoot to watch. Her vocabulary is increasing, "uh-oh", "k?", "whoa!", as she continues to reign in our clan as princess...even in the scullery.
1 comment:
Dear One,
I do not care what the "experts" say! There is simply something in the DNA of little girls that makes them WANT to clean, organize, and "help."
I have never known a little girl who did not demonstrate this behavior with NO prompting. Maybe it is connected to seeing mom do it, but I do not see little boys embracing the tasks with such gusto...
What little boy ever said, "Today let's clean the bathroom, mommy!" (as your niece has been known to do!
I hope she will find such joy in doing whatever she does her whole life long!
I see you and Big S doing the same...Thanks for the memory...
Mom
Post a Comment