Thursday, February 5, 2009

Time Stands Still


Today after dropping off HS and leaving LD with a DF, we headed out for a voyage around Pearl Harbor in the Admiral's Barge. Ok, So it wasn't exactly the Admiral's barge, but it was a great little boat with fantastic sailors giving us quite a personal tour around one of the most historic and significant ports that the Navy has the honor of using.

I don't think that going to the Arizona Memorial will ever lose that feeling of pride in the bravery of my grandfather's generation. I don't ever see myself being able to wander around the memorial without a tear in my eye. It is indeed one of my favorite spots to reflect upon. I enjoyed seeing HH in uniform and felt proud that I can say I come from a long ling of devoted Americans. May it always be so.

Watching mom and papa enjoy the sights and sounds of the boat while retelling memories of their time spent on island during his R&R from Vietnam, it made me happy that they could enjoy the time in the islands once again.

We cruised around the harbor and took a step back into time. For a moment, time stood still.

No comments: