Friday, February 13, 2009

Two Peas


As a young girl, it was my dad who inspired me in my endeavors to be a good photographer. Everywhere we went, his camera was sure to go. We took pictures at every momentous occasion, painstakingly sat, stood, or grouped together for a picture that would capture the moment. Those are pictures that I now treasure. It's a good thing he was so detail oriented. It is from him that I learned to be patient with my photo subjects and yearn for that perfect shot. So, it is no wonder that now, HH finds himself living my childhood days with taking on my papa's part as I try to capture our clan moments on film:

"hold on...I've got to get a picture..."
"Oh...this is great...wait a sec...ok...turn now...smile!"
"I've got to get us all together to remember this...everyone look at the flashing light...wait...HS...shimmy to the side a little...yep...there!"
"Say, Moneeeeey!"
"Wait a minute everyone...don't move...let me check that picture before we move on"

Yep. I'm a photobug. I love pictures and I bug everyone for them. However, on this visit with my parents, I've discovered something. I'm not the only one. Mom does it to. Thanks papa for inspiring two dingles to take photos!

No comments: